Eyewords™ Evidence-based, Multisensory-Orthographic High Frequency Heart Word Teaching Cards Bundle, Sets 1-2, Words 1-100 combine multisensory learning, explicit orthographic mapping and active play.
- Created to differentiate reading instruction for young learners, struggling readers and English language learners. In combination with phonemic instruction, Eyewords™ provides a multisensory - visual, auditory and kinesthetic approach to teaching the high frequency words.
- Each card is double-sided. The front of each Eyewords card embeds visual-contextual images, provides a related auditory phrase and corresponding kinesthetic action. In so doing, Eyewords has created context for abstract high frequency words. The engagement of multiple modalities make words meaningful for learners.
- Heart Sound/Flash Sound Mapping. The back of each Eyewords card, each word is orthographically mapped by sound (phoneme) enabling learners to make letter-sound connections that bond to spellings, pronunciations, and meanings of words. These elements are stored in a learner’s long term memory to create a sight word.
- Eyewords™ Sets 1-2 contains the first 100 high frequency words.
- Also included are a series of play-based games and activities designed to support attention, motivation and memory.
Eyewords™ resources and teaching methodology have received attention and acclaim and were the focus of quantitative research conducted by Stanford University and published in the academic journal Learning and Instruction, Volume 65.