Eyewords™ Evidence-based, Multisensory-Orthographic High Frequency Word Teaching Cards, Set #3, Words 101-150 combine multisensory learning, explicit orthographic mapping and active play.
- Pages are arranged for double-sided printing.
- The front of each Eyewords card embeds visual-contextual images, provides a related auditory phrase and corresponding kinesthetic action. In so doing, Eyewords has created context for abstract high frequency words. The engagement of multiple modalities make words meaningful for learners.
- On the back of each Eyewords card, each word is orthographically mapped by sound (phoneme) enabling learners to make letter-sound connections that bond to spellings, pronunciations, and meanings of words. These elements are stored in a learner’s long term memory to create a sight word.
- Irregular sounds are mapped with a heart and regular sounds with a dot.
- Also included are a series of play-based games and activities designed to support attention, motivation and memory.
Eyewords™ resources and teaching methodology have received attention and acclaim and were the focus of quantitative research conducted by Stanford University and published in the academic journal Learning and Instruction, Volume 65.
Eyewords® digital resources are licensed for single purchaser use under our Terms of Service. If materials are purchased by a school / school district, they must be provided to a single educator. That individual may use the purchased Eyewords® resources with their own students. Sharing the resources between multiple educators is not permitted. School districts may purchase multiple licenses at a discounted rate. For rates or more information about licensing please email firstname.lastname@example.org.